Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Making connections with Space Technologies!

Good afternoon and welcome to my blog!

This term our inquiry topic has been about Earth and Beyond. We kick-started this inquiry topic by getting into groups, I wanted to try and hop in a new group of people to learn there method of working as a team. The maximum of the groups were 4. The fabulous people in my group were Cerenity, Leilani and Grace. Ms. Aireen had casted up some ideas relating to the inquiry topic and we had to choose one which was really hard because they were all so amazing, I wanted to learn more about the milky way but then I saw an idea that really got attention from me and surprisingly my group wanted to do that topic as well! So that was the topic we chose; the topic we chose was... SPACE TECHNOLOGIES! We had to use the F.I.T Rocket that one of our yr 8 students, Akanesi, has created. The F.I.T Rocket stands for:
Fuel up
Ignite
Take off
This acronym is another way of Learn, Create, Share. 
Fueling up means to make connections with topic and asking key questions about it.
Ignite means to start investigating about the topic and researching about it.
and Take off means to reflect, share and publish.

-------------------------------------------------------
Related image
This is a Satellite!

Image result for spacecraft
This is a Spacecraft!

-------------------------------------------------------
Once we choose our topic and got into our groups we had to brainstorm about what we knew about our topic for example; I knew some of the creations that were apart of the Space Tech like a Spacecraft and a Satellite. 

Here are the questions my group have created:

What is space technology?

Why was Space Technology created?

How does space technologies affect Earth?

What is the difference between a Spacecraft and a Space Shuttle?

What other space technologies are there?

What was the first space technology into space?

I know that our investigation are going to be hard to solve but if we never give up I believe that we can do it!

I would like to thank my friend Grace for inspiring me to make this blog post!

Check out Graces Blog about inquiry - CLICK TO SEE GRACES!

QUESTION OF THE BLOG - WOULD YOU EVER INVESTIGATE ABOUT SPACE TECHNOLOGIES? WHY?
-------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment