Pages

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Maths - New solution for difficult multiplication problems!

Today for Maths we are learning about how to solve difficult multiplication problems in a easier and more simple way. 

It was a bit confusing for me at first because I was not there when Ms. Komor taught the lesson to the class. After a while I got the hang of it because our teacher helper, Ms. Jade (Mrs. Fepuleai daughter). 

-------------------------------------------------------
These are photos of the worksheet and my working and answers:


-------------------------------------------------------
Here is an example of a problem and how I would solve it from this worksheet:

 QUESTION - An orchard has 6 containers with 145 apples in each container. How many apples do they have in total?

SOLUTION - You split the numbers in 1's, 10th's and 100th's for example:
6x5=30
6x40= 240
6x100=600
Now that you have had answered the problems split now you add them together:
3+240=270
270+600=870
Now that you have answered you now have your answer!

ANSWER - The answer to this problem is that the orchard now has 870 apples!
-------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this blog post and please comment what you think I can improve on!

Question of the blog - Do you like maths and why?

BYE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment