Pages

Monday 10 December 2018

Writing Task - Persuasive Arguments

Image result for persuasive arguments
Persuasive arguments!
For writing we are learning about how to have a persuasive argument, or in other words a debate.

Ms. Aireen had casted a presentation with sentence starters so we could use those sentences starters for our debate! We had also had different statements that we had to agree or disagree on! The 3 statements we had were:
1.  10 year old kids should be aloud to drive?
2. Learning the Te Reo Maori Language should be compulsory for every student in NZ to learn?
3. There should be no school rules!

For the first statement I disagreed with this statement because...
I think that 10 year old kids are too young to be driving and that if 10 year old kids could barely ride a bike or are too immature there is no way that 10 year old kids should be behind a steering wheel of a car.

For the second statement I had disagreed, I have disagreed with this statement because...
it is known fact that the treaty of Waitangi had not been signed by just the Te Reo Maori culture but was also signed by the  culture of the British so gives NZ the rights of speaking English and Maori so that is why I think it should be compulsory for NZ to learn that speaking of a language.

For the last statement that was an obvious disagree because...
Image result for debateKids shouldn't be able to control their actions that they show at school  without having no rules because from experience that I have been through I have noticed that kids tend to be more crazy and wild once a parent leaves so you can imagine the destruction caused if there were no rules. I disagree that there should be no school rules but I do feel that some school rules could change, for example; I think that the out of bounds rule should change and we should be able to walk to the shops during break time with a teacher to get lunch.

I hope you enjoyed my blog about the Persuasive arguments we had in the classroom.

Image result for debateQuestions:
- Do you disagree or agree with these statements? (Why?)
-  Do you agree or disagree with my reasoning's?

No comments:

Post a Comment