Pages

Monday 23 July 2018

My First Blog Reflection For Term 3 2018!

Kia ora viewers, unicorns, aliens or who or whatever you are and welcome back to my blog! 
I hope you enjoy this first reflection for Term 3 2018 that I have created about my holidays!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My First Blog reflection for Term 3 2018!

I am back from the holidays and at school. I am up and going for this new term for 2018. I have a lot of things to write down for what I found exciting for the holidays; today I am going to be telling you 2 things that made my short holidays the best!

Image result for rugby ball
The first thing that I had enjoyed about these holidays that before we went to Gisborne we had stayed at our nan and papa's house for 3 1/2 days. We had stayed there for 3 1/2 days because on Friday we had left Auckland and headed down to a small town where I am from which is known as, 'Opotiki'. I had lived in Opotiki for 6 years until we had moved to Auckland so we try to go there as much as we can! We stayed for Saturday because it was our papa's birthday and he was getting his gold card since he was turning 65. It was so much fun because all of our cousins came so we played a game of touch and our cousins that were brothers were the captains because they are the eldest out of us. It was so much fun but unfortunately our team had lost by 1 point but we carried on and started to play with our nieces and nephews who are about 0 - 4 years old but they are so adorable and fun to hang out with. It was about 1:00 pm so we were having hangi for lunch and then we moved to desserts that my sister, nan and I had prepared which were amazing! It was about 3 when we had the cake which was chocolate cake with vanilla and chocolate flowers created with icing on the sides. It was delicious. 

Image result for wainui
This is Wainui

It was Sunday the day after the party and we had started packing to go to Gisborne. There were 2 ways to go to Gisborne and 1 was through the forestry and the other one was in town. We decided to go through the town because my baby brother, Stephen, was only 1 month old so he was new to travelling and the town way was a much shorter way to get to Gisborne. We had got to Gisborne after about an hour and a half and all I did in the trip was reading my new book, 'Mysterious 4', which is a really good book; We had a house that we were renting for the week in not exactly in Gisborne but in this small town known as, 'Wainui'. Our house was huge and it had 3 bedrooms so me and my sister shared a room, my brother had his own room (Lucky him) and then my Mom, Dad and Stephen had the master bedroom (Also lucky). 2 days that I enjoyed while we were in Gisborne were Tuesday and Wednesday. I had enjoyed Tuesday because we had our grand-dad visited and so we went to the house and my dad and grand-dad had arrived with this delicious Chinese food. We had sat on the table that was outside to see the magnificent view, with all the tree's and the variety of colours which had created a marvellous sunset that I really loved. It was a fantastic time with grand-dad over.  Now I really enjoyed Wednesday because the reason we were down at Gisborne was because my dad had to work so we had decided to come down with him like a family trip; Anywho since our dad had always been working we decided to go out to have lunch at this park just down the road from where my dad had been working we had gone to this field with a beach view and about 5 different parks that were spread out through the field. We were having pizza for lunch and while we were eating my Mom had got a message from dad saying that he wouldn't be able to make it. We were quite down but we just carried on with our lunch and enjoyed the time. I wish our dad could have come to the park.

Image result for socialNow that I have spoken about my holidays there are a lot of things that I am looking forward to for Term 3. I am looking forward to all the sports tournaments because there are heaps of them coming up and I absolutely are going to try and do them! I am also looking forward to going back to Technology because tech is a fun time to learn and be creative at the exact same time. 2 goals that I have for myself is to have a growth mindset towards Maths because I want to try my best to learn fractions and divisions but I might not be able to do that if I have a fixed mindset. My second goal is to try and be more social because as I have said before, I am socially awkward and don't know how to connect with people. I want to improve on showing Whanaungatanga.

I hope you have read this blog and get a glimpse of the holiday that I have had and enjoyed. Although the holidays were a lot of fun I am very excited to go to school, hang out with friends, experience more learning and hopefully accomplish my goals.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Question of the blog - What is something you enjoyed about my reflection and why did you enjoy it?

Thank you for reading and get prepared for more things written by myself on this hopefully interesting blog!
-----------------------------------------------------------
WALT: Reflect about our holidays and setting goals for this term!
-Malo
-----------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment