Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

📖Critical Analysis!📖

📖Critical Analysis!📖
WALT: Analyse Critically from a still image!

Kia Ora unicorns, aliens, viewers or who or whatev
er you are and welcome back to my blog!
In the middle block before we were about to start on our Digital game for the University of Auckland we had a reading session about how we can critically analyse when be shown an odd but still image. There were 3 images exact but we had to choose one to publish about. Here are the 3 images and I will also caption which image I choose to analyse on!



This is the image I decided to analyse!















---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were given 5 questions about what we think are in the background of this photo, we then had to answer them; Here are the questions and my answers to them:
Who took the photo?
I'm guessing that a news reporter would have taken this photo because they might have went past this scenario and thought about writing a story about this incident! My second thoughts are just the public because knowing this generation people seem to take photos of hazardous things instead helping out.
How is the subject represented in the photo?
The subject in this photo in my opinion is to teach people when they look at this photo to be careful when walking because there could be a possibility that you could end up in that mud puddle with policemen and the public looking at you!
How do different parts of the image contribute to these messages?
I believe the different parts contribute to the messages because the message to me seems to be that you should always careful when walking because you might end up in a puddle, and the parts of the image backing that statement is clearly the guy in the puddle and of course all the odd looks he is getting from strangers.
What if the photo was taken from a different angle or cropped differently?
I don't think the photo would be that different of taken from another angle or cropped because there is a possibility that there would still be the main points in the photo, like in my perspective the main points in this photo are the policemen and the man in the BIG PUDDLE!
How might different groups of people respond to the image?
They would probably find this photo quite odd as a man is just standing or floating in a BIG puddle. They might find this as a constructive working who accidently slipped into a puddle.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed my blog and please comment what you think I can improve on!


Questions:
What was your first thought when seeing these photos's?
Do you agree or disagree with my statements I have made? Why?
What would you do if you were the man in the Puddle?
What would you do if you were the policemen?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image result for critical analysis



No comments:

Post a Comment