Pages

Thursday 23 August 2018

📝Poetic Writing📝

📝Poetic Writing📝
This term for writing we are learning about... POETIC WRITING!
I was really excited for Poetic Writing because I have loved listening, writing, reading and doing anything related to poems since I was 4 YEARS OLD! 

We had our lesson with Ms. Komor and she had showed us the structure we had to use for writing which is... THE S.L.A.M STRUCTURE. The S.L.A.M structure is an acronym that is created to make these separate slots known as 
S - STRUCTURE
L - LANGUAGE
A - AFFECT
M - MESSAGE
This acronym means to use the correct structure, to have figurative language, the affects of something or someone and the message at the ending. Some of the poems that people to write with are Limerick, Haikus, acrostic and many more; I was really excited to hopefully learn more about them for the time that we are learning about poetic writing because, well, why not?

If I were to define or instruct of what poetic writing is; I believe poetic writing is when you are describing about how you feel in a certain situation and then you try to tell the audience without telling the audience. In our session of writing we had to use poetic writing to write about how we felt in one of the natural disasters. I decided to write about the natural disaster, landslide, because this picture of a poem of a landslide really inspired me to write a poem about landslides which is why I did.
I really hope you enjoy my poem and please tell me what you think!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Earthquake has finished and everything was fine,

I then see dirt, rocks, and grass all combined.

It all slips down like a melting Ice cream on a cone,


My everything is destroyed; my car, myself, my home.

I’m lying down and I feel like i’m buried in a grave,
My mind cannot be suddle, all my heart is in a cave,
Im looking at the dirt as its blinded me at last,
I didn’t know when to move, it just came down really fast.
I’m having such a hard time to breathe,

My life has been stolen by a really dirty thieve.

My mind, my heart and my thoughts are a mess,
I feel I’m gonna die, but that thought just won’t process.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't finished my full blog but I am really forward to see how my poem will be finishing!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IALA: Poetic writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment