Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

☕✏️Procedural Writing - Milo✏️☕

☕✏️Procedural Writing - Milo✏️☕
Image result for procedural writing
Talofa Lava unicorns, aliens, viewers or who or whatever you are and welcome back to my blog!
On Monday the KM (Kia Manawanui) Syndicate were learning a new type of writing known as Procedural Writing since we have learnt about Poetry and Explanation writing and we are finish with those kind of writings. During our previous lessons I have learnt that there are secret tips to do different kind of writings like as an example for Explanation writing you use the S.E.E.E Structure which stands for:
Since explanation writing has the S.E.E.E Structure, Poetry writing just has all the language features especially Personification and Similes but it is up to you what language features you are going to be adding - 
Image result for language features

I'm not fully sure if there is a secret tip to Procedural but I think it is the step by step process because we have learnt the Procedural Writing is a kind of writing you use to use the process of something and if I were to define procedural I would say that - 
"A step by step process using a certain method with clear instructions".
 
For our lesson of lesson about Procedural writing we had to get into get in groups of 4 or 4 (My group was Grace, Stephney, Hevani and I) and write instructions for how to do something; we had been chosen to do instructions on how to make a Milo. We tried to be REALLY clear of how it goes. After we had written our instructions we had to swap it with another group and follow there exact ways of how they have written it down like if they had written sneeze after one instruction we would have to try sneeze; I was really excited to swap groups because the group we swapped with was Perenara's, Kalebs and Mahara's group, and there instructions were also to make a milo.

Here are the groups:

After we had tested out there instructions on how to make a Milo we had to leave some feedback and feedforward. Our groups thought that they could have been more specific as an example, They said to add as much sugar and milo as we want which made the milo really sweet. Some feedback is how they were very organised with there decisions which I found great!

Something I think I can improve on is making sure the we might add a bit more sugar and milo since Perenara's group thought it was a bit watery. What I enjoyed was being able to test out something new and learning a new kind of writing in a fun way! 
Image result for milo

No comments:

Post a Comment