Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Landslides - Natural Disasters!

Image result for landslidesTalofa lava viewers, unicorns, aliens or who or whatever you are and welcome back to my blog!
We had to pick a natural disaster that happens and so I have decided to base my research on landslides. I did not know what landslides were and I just thought of the song, 'Landslide' from 'Dixie Chicks'; I now know some facts about landslides that I would now like to share with you!


-----------------------------------------------------------
The first fact that I have learnt about landslides are that they are caused from Earthquakes. Earthquakes are caused from when the tectonic plates are shaking and since the tectonic plates are shaking they often make hills become unstable so the crust of the hill, trees and etc are crumbling and creating landslides. (Landslides are when the crust of hills and other things related to hills are becoming unstable cause some of its land to fall apart on the ground beneath it).
-----------------------------------------------------------
A second fact that I have learnt are about the people who are affected from landslides. Since landslides happen from Earthquakes the cliffs and hill have big clumps of dirt falling on houses, cars, roads and sadly even humans. The clump of dirt are really thick so it is really hard to get out of and they can leave you breathless which is not good and can lead to death.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Image result for hawaii landslidesThe last fact that I have learnt are about where landslides are most likely to be located. The most common places that are located to have landslides are in the states, Alaska, Pacific coastal ranges and also Hawaii. They are most likely to get landslides since there hills and trees are very weak and are fractured which lead them to have more landslides than other countries, cities or towns!


---------------------------------------------------------
Something that I found really challenging was researching the information because the Internet was lagging on mine and some other students netbooks in the classroom so instead of having the block to do this work we only had like 15-20 minutes. Luckily I could finish this work at home!

Something that I enjoyed about this part of this task was learning about the landslides because as I had said before I knew absolutely nothing about landslides until Ms. Komor had told us about them during Inquiry, which now I love learning about!

My next steps for this task is to add more detail and remembering where to put my punctuation properly and my spelling improvements that I am now editing so you might not see them!
---------------------------------------------------------
I hope you enjoyed this blog and please comment down below what you think I can improve on!
Kia Ora,
Edith!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Edith this is your Brother I like your work but you shouldn't only do Landslides you should do all of them like how I did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok and thank you for your comment, it is definitely noticed.

    -Edith!

    ReplyDelete