Pages

Wednesday 25 July 2018

➗Math Games➗

➗Math Games➗
Yesterday we had Math games in the middle block but sadly you guys may not know that because since I was busy yesterday I didn't have the time till later so I had to start at night which gave me time to just finish off my Landslides doc which took quite a while. Well today I will be doing a reflection about TODAY'S Math games that we have done.

It was after lunch that we had started to play and we had to go on a table that had minimum 2 and maximum 4. It was Grace and I on a table and then our 2 classmates, Leilani and Akanesi, had came and they came to sit with us the yellow table closest to Ms. Komors desk so we had to be quiet and make sure to not make noise. Ms. Komor was going to hand out Math games from the cupboard and my group wanted to have the cards and luckily we did which was very exciting.

Image result for playing cardThe game we had played with the playing cards was this game that Akanesi showed us and it was called, 'Multiplication', so what we had to do was that we would pick a card from our piles that were flipped so we couldn't see the cards and whoever answered the numbers of the card and would multiply them first would win the cards. The 2 people that made it to  the finals of this game were Akanesi and Grace. They were super competitive but Grace came out as the lucky winner.



Image result for fraction cardsThe second game that we had played was a fraction game. The point of the game was that there was one player who had the words that spelt the fraction (Me) and there were 2 people (Grace and Leilani) who had the pictures which was a shape and a pizza and then there was just the person who had the plain fraction on its own (Akanesi). So I would put the card that I had down and Leilani, Akanesi and Grace had to compete to see who would put there card relating the card that I had put down and then we would swap and go clockwise around our square kind of shape which was really fun.

What I found challenging about this time of the day was probably figuring out the game because we just got given the stuff instead of being told which was very difficult.
Something that I enjoyed about this task was getting to hang out with Leilani and Akanesi because as I said my goal is to be more social with my classmates.
My next steps for when we do this task is to try to understand and say my fractions quickly.

I hope you enjoyed and please comment down below what you think I can improve on!

Kia ora,
Edith.

No comments:

Post a Comment